With many companies working from home, it has forced us to adjust to video interviewing. While virtual vs in-person interviews are conducted similarly, there are a few aspects that are different virtually to keep in mind.
- Make sure you downloaded and tested the video platform, and sign into the meeting 10 minutes before just in case
- You should still be fully suited
- Know your resume by heart: eye contact is even more important and you don’t want to be looking down the entire time
- Avoid taking notes: your interviewer can’t see what you are doing and they will only see the top of your head
- Have a glass of water near you but out of the video frame: Do not drink water during the interview, only when interviewers are switching
- If you can’t hear or see your interviewer, speak up! It might be awkward to say something, but if you don’t it could cost you the job